Sunday, 17 July 2011

"Song To Say Goodbye" Fanfiction - Seamus/Lavender

Felt the need to write something tonight, so I churned out an angsty little romance one-shot on Lavender & Seamus; Song To Say Goodbye. Set during Deathly Hallows, under Snape and the Carrows' reign at Hogwarts. A nice destructive little romance for you.

As you can see, I also made a spectacularly bad image for it. (The characters are Effy and Cook, from Skins UK, if you were wondering.) Seriously, if I ever start making banners for stories and fanfiction, I'll probably need to beg some readers to do it for me.

The title "Song To Say Goodbye" and lyrics quoted in the story are from the excellent Placebo song, "Song To Say Goodbye." Original on my part, huh?

It's probably not all that good, since I basically just opened my iPad and started free-writing (I just bought an iPad 2! How awesome is that?), but if you could tell me what you thought of it in a review or in the comments, I'd be very grateful.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've decided to do both fanfiction projects that I was discussing a while ago; Lily Luna Potter Series and Marauders Series. Should take a while, but I'd like to have a go at both.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Okay, first I'm going to explain to you how I found this. I'm Mischief1Managed, I think you added me on alert or something on fanfiction.net. I always like to see who is adding me, so I usually stalk peoples' profiles... and I came across your blog! Yay blogs! Anyway, this sounds super interesting. I'm working on a Marauder series too, so I'll keep a look out for yours! (if you want to hear about progress on mine, my blog is firefly114.blogspot.com) now I'll go see what else you've written about! Sorry in advance for the excessive amount of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! I couldn't really figure out a way to respond to your comment so this is the only way I could think of. Anyway, thank you so so much for reading! I wasn't sure anyone was actually going to. You're right about Sirius only being eleven and still probably being afraid of not getting put in Slytherin. We know from the train scene in Snape's memory that he didn't necessarily want to be in Slytherin, but I'm not sure if it was a conscious decision or not. I've got to think about that a bit. The first book in the series takes place during 5th year. Sirius will be narrating the series, because I thought it was such an interesting POV, with his family on the Dark side and all. I think, as the series progresses, and especially when we get to the post-Hogwarts book, it might be less about Sirius's life and more about his observations of everyone else's relationships changing. But who knows.
    The first book is definitely going to have a plot of its own, probably involving the passage to Hogsmeade. Actually, I think the three Hogwarts books will have plots and arcs of their own, involving the events of Voldemort's rise to power. I'm not sure about the post-Hogwarts book, the way I see it right now is more about them starting their lives, getting caught up in the fighting, people dying and things getting more dangerous, and all their relationships changing. We know that they didn't know too much about Voldemort himself, so that limits a lot of options for actual plots. I'll see, because it doesn't seem to fit in with the other books, but I already know how it ends.
    Thanks again for reading! I might post the first chapter (I've written a draft.) I'm not going to post the story on FF until it's completely written, which won't be for a while.

    ReplyDelete